PALM SPRINGS AREA
CABARET & MORE...
Update: They are working on it!
AND PLEASE VISIT US AT AJ'S ON SATURDAY NIGHTS.
SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION...
IN THE EMAIL BLAST ON MONDAY I FORGOT
TO REMOVE LAST WEEK'S NOTICE...
AJ'S IS OPEN THIS SATURDAY AND
WE WILL HAVE OPEN MIC!
DINNER RESERVATIONS ARE RECOMMENDED
Please follow directions below. Siri, GPS, ect.
may do direct you to the main entrance on Date Palm Dr.
SPECIAL SHOW - ONE NIGHT ONLY!
ROSE MALLETT FRIDAYS AT WOODY'S PALM HOUSE
DID YOU READ THE GREAT FEATURE STORY ON ROSE IN CV INDEPENDENT?
YOUR THEATER GUIDE
THE DESERT AREA &
FOR THE BEST IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA MUSICAL THEATER
WITH PERFORMANCES IN GLENDALE'S BEAUTIFUL
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2017
PERFORMANCES ARE AT
CARPENTER PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
6200 E. ATHERTON ST.
LONG BEACH, CA
IN PALM SPRINGS
CHECK OUT THE 2017 - 2018 SEASON LINE UP
YOUR DONATIONS HELP
SUPPORT THIS SITE
You may also mail a donation check to:
Les Michaels @
Life Is A Cabaret
1500 E. Palm Tree Dr.
Palm Springs, CA. 92264
For more info: 760-325-2731
HAVE YOUR FREE SUBSCRIPTION EMAILED TO YOU EVERY MONDAY
PLEASE FORWARD THIS NEWSLETTER TO YOUR FRIENDS WHO MAY WANT A FREE SUBSCRIPTION TOO!
PUT YOUR SHOW IN THE
LIFE IS A CABARET NEWSLETTER!
IT'S EASY - JUST FOLLOW THESE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Email email@example.com - with your .JPG or .PDF:
* FLIER, POSTER, or POSTCARDS for best impact.
* TEXT FORMAT PRESS RELEASES CANNOT BE PRINTED .
* Add: YOUTUBE VIDEO, WEB SITES & TICKET LINKS.
* DEADLINE: MONDAY at 5 PM.
Suggested PayPal Donations:
SHOW FLIER OR POSTCARD $10
WITH A WEB SITE AND/OR TICKET LINK(S) ADD: $5
WITH A YOUTUBE VIDEO CAPTURE ADD: $10
Ads with a PayPal donation run weekly until your show date.
NEED POSTERS, FLIERS, OR POSTCARDS,
DESIGNED AT PERFORMERS RATES?
POSTERS & FLIERS only $50 and POSTCARDS only $25 front or $50 for front and back- PAID VIA PAYPAL. Includes pictures and text. This is a real bargain & includes posting in newsletter and pdf and jpg copies for printing and sending with emails, Facebook postings etc.
NEED SOUND EQUIPMENT, FOLLOW SPOT, OR VIDEO? I have a sound system, speakers, cordless mics, corded mics, and a great video camera and can make you a DVD of your show. My rates are really reasonable. Email me for details
- Palm Springs Desert Area only.
Well it's official, SUNDAYS IN SUMMER CABARET SERIES will not be returning to the
ARTHUR NEWMAN THEATER in 2018 as I hoped.
But the good news is we are returning
with 20 Sunday shows beginning NOVEMBER 5th
through APRIL 1st with time off for Christmas Eve and
New Year's Eve. I will be announcing more
information on selection process soon.
There will be some changes from the previous 7 years specifically ticket price and artists percentage as well
as guidelines for types of shows to be cast.
There are also some really nice changes that were made to
the theater space such as redecorating the dressing room,
new floors, the rows of risers in the back are now gone
and the seating capacity has increased, and theater
companies will no longer be using the space which means
no sets on stage, which has increased the stage
space all the way to the back wall. It is really going
to be a great experience for everyone.
I'll keep you posted!
Pick one up at Oscar's, The Purple Room, Tropicale,
SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER 2017 IS HERE
Woodys Palm House, or AJ's On The Green - WHILE THEY LAST!
DO YOU REMEMBER THURSDAY NIGHTS IN THE
TEN20 LOUNGE AT THE BEAUTIFUL BEL AGE HOTEL
IN WEST HOLLYWOOD?
IT SEEMS LIKE ONLY YESTERDAY BUT IT WAS REALLY AROUND 2003 - 2006. THE NIGHT STARTED WITH "THE GUEST STARS SHOWCASE" AND 4 PERFORMERS DOING A SHORT SET AROUND 15 MINUTES AND 3 TO 4 SONGS. RON SNYDER, THE HOUSE PIANIST, PLAYED FOR THEM AND AFTER A SHORT BREAK WE CONTINUED THE NIGHT WITH OPEN MIC. IT REALLY WAS A FABULOUS ROOM WITH GREAT FOOD, GORGEOUS BABY GRAND, AND THAT VIEW!
I HAD SO MANY DIGITAL PHOTOS FROM THOSE NIGHTS BUT LOST THEM WHEN MY COMPUTER DIED ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO. BUT I RECENTLY FOUND THE PAPTER PROGRAM I PUT TOGETHER FROM THE VERY LAST NIGHT THERE AFTER THE HOTEL WAS SOLD, IT'S NOW CALLED LONDON WEST. ANYWAY, I COMPILED A LIST OF ALL 383 GUEST STARS FROM THE 140 SHOWS ON A SPECIAL WEB PAGE IN CASE ANYONE WANTS TO SEE ALL THE INCREDIBLE SINGERS WHO CAME TO BE PART OF IT. I ALSO HAVE LOTS OF OLD "MINI - DVD'S" TAKEN OF A LOT OF THE SHOWS. ONCE I LEARN HOW TO TRANSFER THEM TO THE WEB I WILL POST THEM FOR YOU TO SEE.
LOS ANGELES &
MULTIPLE CITY TOUR -
CHECK FOR A DATE NEAR YOU!
OUT OF TOWN SHOWS:
LAS VEGAS - SAN DIEGO -
NEW YORK - SAN FRANCISCO
SEATTLE - CHICAGO - BOSTON
.... AND POINTS BEYOND!
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT IN SAN DIEGO
AND TO SEE WHO'S COMING NEXT!
- OPEN MICS
- SPECIAL NOTICES
DOG & CAT NEWS
CLICK ONE OF THE ORGANIZATIONS BELOW
FOR INFORMATION ON:
- HOW TO VOLUNTEER
- MAKE A DONATION
- OR FIND THE NEW LOVE OF YOUR LIFE:
4575 E. Mesquite Ave.,
Thursday through Monday from 11 AM to 5 PM
Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
For more information, call
NEEDS FOSTER PARENTS NOW!!
CALL: 760-834-7000 - OR GO TO:
**** ASK ABOUT THE FREE ADOPTION PROGRAM.
COOL CABARET, JAZZ & STANDARDS!
TIPS FOR KEEPING YOUR VOICE IN SHAPE...
Your voice is your ambassador to the outside world. It portrays your personality and emotions. People make assessments about you based on the quality of your voice, so it is important to pay close attention to it. Problems with your speaking and singing voice can have a tremendous impact on your life.
Here are some tips for keeping your voice in good shape:
1. Drink water to keep your body well hydrated. Avoid alcohol and caffeine. Your vocal cords vibrate very fast. Having a proper water balance helps to keep them lubricated. Foods containing water are excellent vocal snacks: apples, pears, watermelon, peaches, grapes, plums, etc.
2. Allow yourself several "vocal naps" every day, especially during periods of extended use. Avoid speaking during the breaks between rehearsals and recordings. Find a quiet place to spend your break time rather than talking in a noisy room with other musicians.
3. Don't smoke. Smoking raises the risk of throat cancer, and inhaling smoke (even secondhand smoke) can irritate vocal cords.
4. Don't abuse your voice. No yelling or screaming. Don't talk loudly in noisy areas, like disco. If your throat feels dry or tired or hoarse, reduce it's use. The hoarseness is a warning sign that your vocal cords are irritated or inflamed.
5. Keep your throat and neck relaxed. If not, you'll pay for that - not just with tired vocal muscles but also by causing future limits on your vocal range.
6. Pay attention to how you speak. You should have an even flow of breath when you speak. Singing for that matter is most helpful. It teaches good vocal habits.
7. Don't clear your throat too often. If you really need to, try to do it gently. Doing it too much and forcefully can injure your vocal cords and make you hoarse. Have a sip of water or try to swallow to quench the urge to clear. If you feel you have to clear your throat a lot, get checked by a doctor for possible acid re-flux, allergies or sinus conditions.
8. When you're sick, spare your voice. Don't talk when you're hoarse due to a cold or infection. Listen to what your voice is telling you. Gargle with hot sea salt water 3 times a day, and get more rest.
9. When you have to speak or sing publicly or outdoors, always use amplification to avoid straining your voice.
10. Humidify your home and work areas. Moist is good for the voice. And so is sleep.
Warming up your voice in the morning is a good habit. Think of it like stretching and loosening up before exercise.
1. Do lip and tongue trills in the morning to facilitate better use of airflow and breath. Try it in the shower or on your way to work.
2. Perform gentle humming and cooing to warm up your voice in the morning, to reduce muscular tension in the neck, shoulders and jaw.
3. If you do more vocally complex warm-ups, such as vocal scales, do the simple exercises first. Start out easily and keep your neck relaxed.
4. At the end of your vocal-work-outs (rehearsals and shows) perform a gentle cool-down with similar tasks (lip and tongue rolls, humming, cooing).
Keep your voice healthy and strong. And sing all your cares away!
CHECK OUT THE BROADWAY CHANNEL FOR BROADWAY, OFF-BROADWAY,
LAS VEGAS, NATIONAL TOURS, & LONDON'S WEST END
SEE TRAILERS & PROMOS, READ REVIEWS,
BUY TICKETS & EVEN SOUVENIR ITEMS FROM YOUR FAVORITE SHOWS
BACKSTAGE WEEKLY AUDITION NOTICES